COVID Updates to Policies and Procedures
to mitigate the risk for transmission of all communicable diseases
Enhanced Indoor Air Quality
- All classrooms are equipped with a Sanuvox Air Cleaner that use 2 proven technologies to clean and purify our indoor air, HEPA filtration and UV Light
- The HEPA filtration captures 99.97% of particles the size of 0.3 microns and larger (this includes dust, pollen, mold, bacteria and viruses)
- UV Light deactivates airborne germs (bacteria, viruses, and fungi) and allergens including SARS-Cov-2 and other coronaviruses: https://sanuvox.com/the-uv-process
- The air cleaners help us achieve the recommended 6 ACH (air changes per hour) required for effective and proven results. This means that air in the classroom will be cleaned every 15-20 minutes.
- We have also set our HVAC fans to run day and night to constantly bring in fresh air and cycle out the indoor air.
- For more information about studies: https://sanuvox.com/white-paper
We are proud to have made this investment to help keep our staff and students safe against things we can’t see!
The safety of our staff and students is a top priority.
Procedures and Protocols
- We are incorporating all Government of Alberta guidance into our operations to keep our staff and students safe
- Modified drop-off/pick-up protocol to align with physical distancing.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols
- Small Class sizes (6 children max per class @ Callaghan; 12 children max per class @ Chappelle and Ambleside)
- Strict stay-at-home protocols for those who are feeling unwell including staff and students
- Creation of cohorts
- Masks required for staff in class
- Masks are optional for students (At this age, it may not be feasible for children to wear a mask, so it is up to the discretion of Parents)
- Health questionnaire and screening to be completed for each child at drop off. This can be completed prior to drop-off as forms will be made available to speed up the drop-off process.
- Staff and Students undergo contactless temperature checks at drop-off prior to entering the building.
- Hand washing upon students entering and exiting the facility and as needed throughout the day
- Each student will have their own dedicated pencil box for their own supplies (things like crayons, pencils, erasers, scissors).
- Modified lessons/games/activities that help mitigate the transmission of COVID and other types of infectious viruses.